USA Ribs: Berkshire Black heritage pork, Grapetree Farm
Price: $14.50 per kg Deposit per order (final total calculated by weight):$10.00
USA belly ribs on the bone, from Grapetree farm. Product has been frozen for your convenience.
Heritage breeds are specially raised and heralded for their intensely flavourful meat and fat. Kurobuta or “black hog” pork comes from the famed Berkshire pig. Conventional farm-raised pigs tend to lack the incredibly tasty fat that heritage breeds have maintained, keeping their meat juicy, tender and juicy. But if you’re a true fan of pork, heritage is worth every succulent bite.
The price of your pork will vary depending on final weights available. You are able to add our nitrate free, nitrite free, chemical free smoked goods to your selection at time of collection. Please enter the number of kilograms required. Deposit payable to secure order. We will email you to confirm the final order price and outstanding amount payable when your product is ready.
Please contact us for more information about ordering this product.
Pastured, free ranging true heritage breed pork, Berkshire pigs are a rare breed originating from the English county of Berkshire. Herds of the breed are still maintained in England by the Rare Breeds Survival Trust at Aldenham Country Park, Hertfordshire, and by the South of England Rare Breeds Centre in Kent. The Berkshire is listed as vulnerable; as of 2008, fewer than 300 breeding sows were known to exist. Modern Berkshire pigs are almost entirely black, sometimes with white points on the feet, nose, and tail. They are a medium to large breed of pig, short-legged with prick ears and a relatively short snout with an upturned nose. Berkshire pork, prized for juiciness, flavour and tenderness, is pink-hued and heavily marbled. Its high fat content makes it suitable for both long slow braises and high-temperature cooking.
Pigs graze, live in open paddocks with plenty of room, without feedlots and definitely no indoor confinement. Sows live their entire lives outdoors and give birth outside while being provided protection from the elements and predators. No fixed sheds or buildings for shelter; rather, movable eco straw bales are used by the pigs for protection from inclement weather.
On their homestead, Grapetree Farm, Berkshires are fully free to roam, wander, nest and forage throughout the 100 acres of rolling green pasture nestled between Toowoomba and Crow’s Nest on the Great Dividing Range.
The Fawckners are fully PROOF certified. For food service, hospitality, wholesale and retailer product enquiries, please contact us directly: email@example.com.
The Fawckners raise a limited number of beautiful rare breed Berkshire pigs on their family farm “Grapetree Farm”, situated in the beautiful Hampton region on the Great Dividing range. With over 100 acres of mud wallows, dirt bath, and lush pasture, these piggies have much to explore – and explore they do, given their totally free ranging existence.
The Fawckners manage every step from conception to consumption. Dedicated to a regenerative, sustainable approach to soil health and land management, Gordon, Jen and their 4 children employ a natural approach to farming, yielding a fully chemical free product. No sow stalls, no farrowing crates.
Please place your order and choose collection or delivery.
Where a deposit is required, the balance of your account is subject to final weight. This is to avoid you underpaying should your order come in more of less than the farmer’s estimation. Payment of your balance must be made prior to collection /delivery, and can be made via cash, eft, or credit card (a 2.5% surcharge applies) and will be issued via invoice. Invoices are issued to food service clientele on wholesale pricing. Please let us know if you require a credit application.
This product will be available to collect from Clayfield, Brisbane.
For collection details, please join our Buyers Group Club or contact us here.
Opening Hours are Thursday-Friday: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm for casual walk ins, and Mon-Weds 9.00 am - 4.00 pm by prior arrangement. We are often on farm property or with food service clients, so a quick call or text to arrange will ensure you are not kept waiting.
Delivery orders must be over $80.00 in value.
Delivery is available throughout all Brisbane suburbs from Gold and Sunshine Coasts and throughout the Toowoomba region ranges. Please visit our shipping and delivery page for rates. Air freight may apply to regional areas.
If you're picking up, there is no minimum order value.
Delivery is available to most locations throughout South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales.Please visit our shipping and delivery page for costings. Air freight may apply depending on your location.
PICK UP FAQ
1. Where can I pick up my order? You can pick up from us at Clayfield Thursday and Fridays, 9.00 am - 4.00 pm, or by making an appointment. We are a small business, and our time is divided between farms, food service outlets and serving you, so please be patient and we'll be flexible.
2. Is there a minimum amount for pick up orders? Picking up from us: No limit - buy as much or as little as you wish.
3. Do I need to bring my own esky to pick up my order? Yes! We love it when you bring your own esky, styrofoam box, or cooler bag. During the week, our fridge is well-stocked with all sorts of products including some things you won’t find in the online shop. If you don’t see what you want, we can usually find it for you. Alternatively, you can place an order online and come and pick it up.
Please note: we require a minimum delivery order value of $80.00.
1. Where do you deliver? We deliver all over Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coast, and Toowoomba regions by a sub-contracted refrigerated courier service. Please get in touch if you need delivery outside these areas.
2. How much does delivery cost? Depends on where you are. Delivery is set by the refrigerated courier and ranges from $35.00- $55.00.
3. How will my order be packed? All orders are packed in a sealed box. Your produce will remain fresh and cold inside the courier service vehicle. Couriers can not leave fresh or frozen meat unattended, so please ensure someone will be available to receive. We mostly use recycled boxes .
INTERSTATE DELIVERY FAQ
Please note: we require a minimum delivery order value of $80.00.
4. How will my order be packed? All orders are packed in a sealed box. Your produce will remain fresh and cold (or frozen) inside the courier service vehicle. You will need to collect inside the detailed opening hours or your goods will begin to defrost. We mostly use recycled boxes.