Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase?
- Is it organic?
- Do you deliver?
- How long will my order take?
- How do I pay you?
- Why not full payment?
- I ordered 1/4 cow (or sheep, or goat). How much meat will I get?
- Can I order a specific cut?
- How is it packed?
- Can I meet the farmer?
- I know of a great product you should carry / farm you should visit!
- How can I find out more about your events and special offers?
How do I purchase?
Our food service list is fully available to hospitality business throughout Australia. Food service customers require an account to access bulk rates.
Certain items are available to the public for online orders, and are delivered at the client’s cost. Members of the public can shop here and order any of the farmer direct products that fall within the Public Wholesale criteria.
Is it organic?
We support farmers with transparent ethical and sustainable farming practices and best practice in animal husbandry. Many of our farms run on full biodynamic systems. Some are certified organic; others grow limited or seasonal produce with yields so small, organic certification becomes cost prohibitive.
We guarantee that each and every one of them is doing something ‘different’ – something that provides a valuable contribution to our supply chain. Each farm is family owned, the produce raised by those that run the land.
All our produce grows on pesticide, fertiliser, and herbicide free paddocks, preserved by sustainable, environmentally aware methodologies. Our animals are always pasture raised and able to roam free for their growing life. They are free from unnecessary antibiotics, chemical intervention, prophylactics or chemical growth hormones.
Any wild caught game is shot by qualified hunters under strict and stringent conditions. Mostly, our game is shot at night when the animal is at rest, in order to minimise any stress on the animal or flock/herd.
Do you deliver?
LOCAL DELIVERY FAQ
1. Where do you deliver? We deliver all over Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and Toowoomba regions by a sub-contracted refrigerated courier service. Please get in touch if you need delivery outside these areas.
2. How much does delivery cost? Depends on where you are. Delivery is set by the refrigerated courier. See above.
3. How will my order be packed? All orders are packed by producers and arrive in sealed boxes. Your produce will remain fresh and cold/frozen inside the courier service vehicle. Couriers can not leave fresh or frozen meat unattended, so please ensure someone will be available to receive.
INTERSTATE DELIVERY FAQ
1. Where do you deliver? Air freighted deliveries can be made to all airports listed here here on an ‘airport to airport’ basis. Please refer to our delivery options and pricing page or contact us for more information.
3. How will my order be packed? All orders are packed by producers and arrive in sealed boxes. Your produce will remain fresh and cold/frozen inside the courier service vehicle/aircraft. You will need to collect inside the detailed opening hours or your goods will begin to defrost.
How long will my order take?
That depends on what you have ordered, and if it is in stock. Generally, we suggest emailing us first if you are unsure; have a specific date pending (like the boss’s dinner!) or are after something in a hurry. Most of our animals have two or four legs and one head, and we can’t leave just one leg hopping around the paddock.
If you are going away when delivery is due, we may have facilities to hold your item frozen for you. This may incur a cost. Please, contact us to ask any questions about your order before assuming.
How do I pay you?
Once you place your order, we’ll send you an invoice, confirm your order and advise delivery date. You will be required to place a deposit at the time you place your order, with final payment due on or before delivery.
Hand Sourced prefers payment via direct deposit to our bank account or via credit card. These details will be provided to you at the time your order is placed online and again in your invoice. Your order will not be processed until your deposit is paid. Your final payment will be due before delivery.
Why not full payment at the time of ordering?
All animals weigh different amounts. Variations in animals of the same breed can be up to 30%. To make sure we don’t overcharge you, you pay a deposit, which secures your order. The remainder is payable depending on the weight of your finished product.
I ordered 1/4 cow (or sheep, or goat). How much meat will I get?
Make sure you refer to the tabs at the bottom of the product description page (in the online store) to see how much each of the purchase options weighs in at. There are big differences between hot (live) weight, dressed (killed) weight, and butchered (ready to eat) weight. We only charge you for what you receive, and should there ever be an exception to this, we will clearly note this on the product tab.
Can I order a specific cut?
No… and yes. Unless we grow an eye-fillet-only cow or a shoulder-only pig with a few extra legs, specific cuts are not available in bulk orders. We respect the whole animal and therefore, you will receive a whole, half or an even-quarter of any beast (except poultry). This includes all bones, trimmings and offcuts. All that remains is for you to confirm your collection or delivery options.
How is it packed?
All items are packed in compliance with the SafeFood QLD requirements. Fresh animals are cryovaced (vacuum sealed) or airlock bagged after butchering, meaning you can eat, refrigerate or freeze as you desire. Your items will be packed in sealed cardboard boxes.
All items are stored under 2c for 3 days following delivery to our commercial premises. Items can be snap frozen at this stage. We hold a Certificate of Accreditation 124202000 under the Food Production (Safety) Act 2000. We are fully MSA compliant, hold Food Safety Supervisor certification, and all stored goods are managed offsite through one of Queenslands’ premium cold stores.
Can I meet the farmer?
Most of our farmers arrange delivery in person. You can meet them at the point of drop-off, or we can take you to them for a personal tour.
I know of a great product you should carry / farm you should visit!
Please contact us to let us know and we will see what we can do!
How can I find out more about your events and special offers?
Keep up-to-date! Stay in touch with special items, classes and farm tours by subscribing to the newsletter. Watch out for the member only farmer direct specials – they offer bulk buying opportunities at very low prices.